25 We Go
November 29, 2008 1 Comment
Since it is two days after Thanksgiving, and I think I have had enough pie to get serious about some thanks.
A one and a two and one two three: A smattering of things I am thankful for
- Writers who write about coffee, eggs and bacon.
- That sometimes it really isn’t me, it’s them.
- Half done craft projects that don’t make me feel guilty for their incompletion.
- British movies, all of them.
- Saint’s bones, especially the ones that get bejeweled.
- The fact that museums sell postcards of their collections.
- The blue hoodies Target sold in the little boy’s section ten years ago.
- That now when my mother says something insulting I realize I didn’t actually deserve it.
- Prowling around my college campus as a freshman, and how fun it was to walk around in large groups late at night.
- Cowboy shirts.
- The Moleskin Planner Notebook. It’s infinitely pleasing!
- The word “rootle” as used in your previous post.
- The word “twee” and “maudlin.”
- Things that won’t let me hate or cluck at them, even though I really want to (like McSweeney’s, or unfashionable bar drinks).
- That in Minnesota, when you order a Bloody Mary, it automatically comes with a beer chaser.
- Really sad songs, usually full of nostalgia, that make me want to cry no matter when I hear them.
- The Parker basic fountain pen, which was discontinued, but is now recontinued!
- Mechanical pencils!
- Cheese, salt, avocado, Tabasco, fries, tortillas, in any combination.
- Not having to drive, and not having to uphold a conversation, so that your only job is to look out the window, ideally on a very long trip.
- Also, hook and eye fastenings on dresses.