The Remains of the Day
July 29, 2009 Leave a comment
- Brain scrubbing: it’s the latest thing. Soon Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind will be a mind-bending tearjerker no longer—just expunge the past at a Walmart near you. From ReasonOnline.
- My current obsession, the flying fox, a.k.a. the biggest bat in the world. Pictured below, although I couldn’t quite get the scale right. Here is a video of it moving. Here is a video of one fighting a python.
- This video of Russell Brand and Kristen Schaal (Mel of Flight of the Conchords) eating cherries in his trailer before they shoot a scene.
- Mandolin on Alas, a blog posts this great survey of how women are drawn in fantasy art, including links to drawings of male superheroes in poses typical of superheroines. Superdudes: downright sassy.
- Just for kicks: Mimi Smartypants on things she is a humorless feminist about, and a list of unsexy things said during sexy times.