A Fine Whine
August 25, 2009 Leave a comment
- I bought a banana cream pie that would get me through a critical work period. It was frozen.
- Thanks to the Pavlovian driver response to smoke—slow down and stare hard at the firemen spraying the grass—it took three and a half hours to get home.
- I walked in the house and my work pie slid out of its box and onto the floor.
- Which I cleaned.
- But which is nonetheless unclean and keeps recording my footprints in the kitchen and beyond in a sticky Family Circle-style chart of my whereabouts.
- I just referenced Family Circle.
- I spent three hours researching cars online.
- I still don’t know what a powertrain is, so I switched on the TV. Mad Men was on! Hurrah!
- My cable has “Weak to No Signal” and is unwatchable.
- Rather than do the work that badly needs doing, I decided to finish a thing I’d been wanting to post here.
- I did it! I finished it at 4:30 a.m.!
- Whereupon Firefox crashed and all my edits were lost.
- Whereupon I went to bed and dreamed of doing all the work the banana cream pie was supposed to help me do.
- Which still needs doing. And I have to go the post office.