Gowns in The Wild: The Ones That Got Away
May 14, 2010 1 Comment
We do love women running in white poof:
- Deep in our hearts we think panic equals truth?
- That women are free if they don’t do what their formal wear is expecting them to?
- That true love outs when in face of an altar?
- That satin looks good in the wind?
- Fleeing in the face of commitment is a universal fantasy and proof of destiny?
- That it’s just plain old melodramatic and the stuff of a good story that plays to the balconies?
**Also, some of these pictured dames are running towards their beloved, or accidentally floating away post nuptial, but the image is way better than a fella in a tux trucking it, or a dame in jeans among the clouds, no? I distinctly remember when I was 7, seeing a bride order a meal at McDonalds, all alone. It seemed like the coolest thing to happen to anybody.
Any other ones you can think of?
I dearly love the image of Caroline Todd with her fur jacket, purple feathers, and balloons. It matches her strange gait, and the oddness that she has just married a dying man, and yet, well, this is where the story ends. How does such a a show pull it all off?